Q) What makes an ideal Advocacy Coordinator?
A) There are two key skills necessary for being an effective Advocacy Coordinator.
- An Advocacy Coordinator must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written communication. The Advocacy Coordinator must have a professional and courteous phone manner, with the ability to simplify complex issues so that they are easily understood.
- Additionally, an Advocacy Coordinator must be a competent writer who can accurately convey, in writing, the information provided by advocates. The Advocacy Coordinator must have the ability to write grammatically correct with solid sentence structure, accurate punctuation usage, including comma usage, and basic composition skills.
Q) What are the minimum technical knowledge/capabilities required?
A) An Advocacy Coordinator must be competent in operating computer programs. Including but not limited to:
- Word processing program (such as MS Word)
- Audio files
- Web browsers (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome).
- Instant Messaging
- Data Entry
- Adjusting Computer Speakers
- Using a Headset
- General Computer Technology
Q) Is this the job for me?
A) It is if,
- You enjoying talking to and helping people.
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You write well and grammatically correct.
- You are comfortable communicating both in writing and on the phone.
- You are patient and a good listener.
- You pay attention to details.
- You are focused and meticulous.
- You believe in doing “it” right the first time and every time.
- You are capable of multitasking with various programs at once
- You love a challenge and working as a team, towards the solution.
- You can think on your feet and like to learn new things, quickly.
- You don’t get frustrated easily.
- You are driven and motivated.
- You take pride in your work
- You are not afraid to ask for help.
- You excel when change is afoot.
- Your work product is important to you.
- You want your work to make a difference.
- You are goal driven and excited about meeting and exceeding expectations.
- You are dependable.
- You available to work 25 hours per week, almost every week.
It is not if,
- You like to do the same thing continually, without change.
- You are afraid to ask questions and expect constant direction.
- You are closed minded and unwilling to learn.
- If you are too busy to work.
- If you are not disciplined in working at home.
Q) Will I be making sales or fundraising calls?
Q) Does it cost me anything to work with OnPoint@Home?
A) No it does not cost anything to work with OnPoint@Home. You will use OnPoint@Home’s cutting-edge technology and will be able to work from home without having to pay long-distance charges. Please note that monthly fees and charges for your Internet connection are your responsibility.
Q) What is the pay?
A) Advocacy Coordinators are paid hourly.
Q) What types of issues will I work on?
A) OnPoint@Home is a bipartisan firm that works on a broad range of business-oriented issues, ranging anywhere from energy to health care. We do not engage in traditional social issues.
Q) How long do projects generally last?
A) Most projects last between 2 and 12 weeks. At the end of each project, Advocacy Coordinators will have the opportunity to remain active for a new project based on performance.
Q) How is the work schedule set?
A) Every Advocacy Coordinator has the flexibility to set his or her own schedule depending on the needs of the project and calling times available. A minimum of 25 hours per week is requested. Q) How do I apply? A) Thank you for your interest in pursuing the home-based Advocacy Coordinator opportunity with OnPoint@Home. Please click the Opportunities tab above and you will see any opportunities that are available at this time. If there are no opportunities available at this time, we encourage you to visit our website regularly to check for new opportunities.
Q) What are the minimum technical requirements for the computer?
The following Five9 Agent desktop requirements assume the Five9 Virtual Call Center is the only application running on the desktop workstation. Agents running additional software applications may require additional RAM and a faster processor to support.
Internet Connectivity & VoIP Bandwidth
It is recommended that your Internet connection supports at least 1 Mbps in both directions (upload and download) in order to run our VoIP application concurrently with typical business applications. Although, a faster speed is highly recommended.
Wireless Internet connections are not supported. If you have Satellite internet via Dish or something similar, you will need to check with your provider to see if they can offer the speeds needed to sustain a quality connection. If you have something similar to fiber optic internet, this will be sufficient. Wireless internet through a cell phone provider will not work. (i.e.: an internet card that plugs into your laptop, and can go anywhere with you)
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows Vista 32-bit SP1, Windows Vista 64-bit SP1, Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 8 Professional 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows 8.1 Professional 32-bit and 64-bit.
NOTE: Virtualization solutions such as Windows Terminal Services and/or Citrix are not officially supported
Headsets for use with VoIP Software
USB headsets are recommended – we do not recommend the use of wireless headset technology as they often result in degradation in call voice quality as well as other audio issues, which contribute to a lower-quality customer experience.
Workstation (PC) Requirements
Recommended: These recommendations assume the VoIP software is the only application running on the PC. Running additional software will require additional RAM and a faster processor; sufficient hardware to support all applications.
- Minimum Workstation Requirements (Last updated 01/30/2015)
Processor Intel Pentium IV 1500MHZ or greater, or equivalent (based onpublished benchmark results) Memory 1.0 GB or greater if using Windows 2000 or Windows XP. 1.5 GB orhigher with Windows Vista , Windows 7, and Windows 8 Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Java Version 7, Updates 21, 25, 40, 45, 51, 55, 60, 65, 67,71, 75 32-bit version required for softphone use Screen Resolution 1024×768 or higher
Additional Recommended Workstation Requirements
Processor Intel Pentium IV 2400 MHZ or greater, or equivalent. Memory 2.0 GB or greater
Five9 Agent Desktop Supported Web Browsers (32-bit versions only) (Effective date 04/08/2015).
- Google Chrome™ Most recent stable version. Google Chrome automatically updates; Five9 makes every effort to test and support the most recent version.
- Firefox Versions 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 Versions 10, 17, 20, 24, 25, and 36 on the following operating systems in VCC: Windows Vista, Windows7, and Windows 8
- Internet Explorer Versions 8, 9, and 10 (minimum Internet Explorer 8 recommended) IE 10, 11 are supported only with Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1
Some optional features require Microsoft Office 2003 or later. (If you do not have Microsoft Office, you can download a free program, which mirrors Microsoft Office at www.openoffice.org)
We have learned that some individuals may have been contacted by unknown third parties falsely claiming or implying to represent our company. Should you be contacted by anyone claiming to be with our organization, or with a name confusingly similar to ours, please confirm it is the correct organization BEFORE you respond. You can verify by sending an email to us at email@example.com.
All of our communications will come from an onpointathome.com email address and we will never ask anyone to communicate via Google groups, deposit any check into your bank account or make any purchase.
We apologize for any confusion this has caused and encourage you to explore our website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our job opportunities.